Safe at Home: Preventing Foreclosure, gives an overview of the Foreclosure Prevention efforts of the foreclosure prevention specialists in Minnesota.
It explains the current mortgage crisis in our state and, more importantly, explains the efforts that are underway to assist consumers and rebuild neighborhoods. The program comes to life with the contributions of two brave home owners who were willing to share their personal stories so that Minnesotans watching could learn about the real warning signs of falling behind – and the benefits of counseling.
The personal story of one of these homeowners, Molly O, is now available on the Center's YouTube channel. Click here to view the video.
In addition, YOU (Yes, you!) can help us spread the word about this important documentary. We hope that you will be able to use the documentary in your efforts to raise awareness about foreclosure in Minnesota.
To help you use this program in your efforts to promote SUSTAINABLE home ownership in Minnesota, we have created a tool kit of materials. This kit includes:
- Copy of the documentary on DVD.
- A tip-sheet of ideas for using the program to reach homeowners in your community.
- A tip-sheet for asking local public access stations to air the program.
- A sample newsletter article for use in your internal publications.
- Press releases sharing the stories of home owners for distribution to local newspapers.
- Sample email text for distribution to your contact lists.