'Exitazo' means HUGE SUCCESS... and the event was, indeed, a huge success:
- More than 160 people attended the event;
- Over a dozen foreclosure prevention counselors from local non-profit housing counseling agencies worked with homeowners to get their questions answered and start the counseling process
- Four lenders/servicers (Chase/JP Morgan; Freddie Mac; US Bank and Wells Fargo) assisted with outreach by mailing and calling consumers and sending loss mitigation staff to work with homeowners
- More than a dozen volunteers worked tirelessely to register homeowners and coordinate the event
- Mayor's from Minneapolis, St. Paul, Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center, Plymouth, Richfield and Bloomington assisted with outreach by signing letters inviting homeowners to the event.
- The event was highlighted in two Spanish-speaking newspapers and two radio stations. Graciela Mendez from Neighborhood Development Alliance was interviewed on "La Invasora" during the event.